Equity Statement Juried Teen Art Contest
Submissions Now Open!
- This contest is open to all youth in Tompkins County in grades 6-12 or their homeschool equivalent
- All entries must be original works of visual art.
- Entries will be displayed in the TCPL Teen Center until January 3rd, 2020
- Participants will be able to pick their submissions up from January 4th, 2020 until January 31st, 2020. Submissions not picked up by January 31st, 2020 will become property of the Tompkins County Public Library.
- The deadline for submission is Friday, September 27th, 2019.
- A completed entry form must accompany each piece of artwork submitted. Individuals may submit multiple pieces.
- Pieces will be judged on a basis of relevance to the theme, creativity, quality, and originality. Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 artists as determined by the jury as well as an additional prize for “crowd favorite” based on popular vote.
Theme: TCPL Equity Statement
Tompkins County Public Library (TCPL) believes that the library is for everyone. We value diverse opinions and respect free speech. Different points of view are allowed and welcomed. TCPL also supports patrons’ right to a library environment free of harassment and intimidation. TCPL views all manifestations of prejudice and intolerance that target particular individuals or interfere with patrons’ ability to use the library as contradictory to our mission and violations of our Code of Conduct. We expect patrons and staff to contribute to a welcoming environment.
Books and More
Looking for something to read, play, or listen to? Check out our lists! Personalized reading recommendations can be created by contacting the Teen Services Librarian.
The TCPL Teen Center has computers, tables, comfy chairs, booths, and our ever-popular spinning stools for your socializing and studying needs. It is designed for grades 6-12 or their homeschool equivalent. Everyone is welcome to look for a book in the room at any time but please show support for our teen community by finding seating in other areas of the library.