Tompkins County Public Library serves its residents at each stage of their lives, and strives to contribute to the educational, cultural, and economic well-being of the County. As a service to the community, the Library is pleased to provide free written or online exam proctoring for students of all ages.
- Secondary and college coursework
- Continuing education and career-building
- Job-related certification or license renewal
Please note, students will be required to wear a mask while in the library.
- Request the proctoring service by completing the Exam Proctoring Form. We cannot accept examinations received without advance notice and contact information.
- Notify your school/instructor to send the necessary test info to the Library Proctor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make arrangements with the Library that allows adequate time for the Library to receive the exam from the testing institution and then schedule a time to administer the exam.
- If the testing institution requires a signed proctor's verification form before the exam is sent, you will need to email it to email@example.com.
- Arrange to have the examination and instructions sent to the Library via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail.
Proctor— Adults Services Department
Tompkins County Public Library
101 E. Green St.
Ithaca, NY 14850
- If the exam is to be returned by mail please supply a pre-addressed, postage-paid envelope.
- Once the Library has received the exam, we will arrange a date and time to proctor it. The exam date and time must be scheduled during regular Library hours.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse proctoring if the requirements exceed staff or facility capabilities.
- On the day of the exam, you will be asked to show photo identification for verification. You should also arrive for the examination with pens, pencils, calculators or any other allowable supplies.
- The proctor will monitor and abide by the time limits.
- The student will honor all rules required by your examining institution.
- The Library does not supply or retain copies of finished exams or grade examinations.
- If exams are to be returned by mail to the testing institution, please supply a pre-addressed, postage-paid envelope. Normally, the exam envelope will leave the building via the USPS the next business day. Library staff is unable to honor requests requiring special trips to the Post Office, FedEx or UPS.
We hope this free service will help you achieve your continuing education goals.