Program Type:Arts & Crafts, STEAM, Makerspace, One-on-One Appointments
About this event:
What do you want to make?
Library Assistant Josh will walk you through using one of our machines. Please see below for options.
During these learning experiences, you may experiment with TCPL's raw materials free of cost. If you plan to make multiples or create a large project, please plan to bring your own raw materials.
Each individual maker may sign up for a maximum of TWO (2) sessions. Library staff reserves the right to cancel additional appointment bookings to allow room for other participants to learn.
- Epilog Legend Helix 50 watt laser cutter/engraver
- Swiftly cut out or engrave various materials up to 24 x 18 inches in size. We have birch plywood, tag board, fabric, and limited acrylic on hand, or bring your own. Ask the makerspace staff about approved materials.
- Use vector graphics editors like Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator to prepare your designs for the laser cutter.
- 3-D Printers: Makerbot Replicator+ and Flashforge Creator Pro
- Print a model using PLA or ABS filament
- Acceptable file types are .STL and .OBJ
- Use TinkerCAD software to create your own designs for printing
- Logan Mat Cutter
- Bring your own mat board, or learn using our brown tagboard.
- Woodworking tools/ Art supplies
- Bookbinding Press (for printmaking with lino or wood blocks)
- Bring your own pre-carved blocks.
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cut vinyl stickers, paper, fabric and more with this easy to learn machine
- Cricut Design Space software
Note* If you are interested in learning how to use the embroidery or sewing machines, please contact Makerspace Librarian Cady at firstname.lastname@example.org.