Call for Proposals: TCPL Teen Center Mural
We're excited to announce a search for artists to paint a mural that celebrates our Equity Statement. We're asking for submissions that feel youthful and appropriate for a teen audience. Successful applicants are comfortable working with teen volunteers to complete the project. A jury to award $2,000 will be assembled in November, including teen library users and TCPL staff.
Teens who are interested in participating on the jury should contact Regina DeMauro, Teen Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See below for information regarding potential applications!
November 30, 2021: Entries due by 5pm
December 2021: Winning proposal announced
February 2022: Completion of mural
Back wall of the Tompkins County Public Library Teen Center behind the reference desk (for dimensions, see image below or download PDF).
Please submit all of the following:
- Full contact information
- Brief cover letter
- Title of proposed mural
- Description & sketch(es) of proposed mural
- 2-4 examples of painting/artistic experience (may not be a link to a website)
- Anticipated budget for materials
- Description of youth involvement/experience working with volunteers
Proposals will be selected based on:
- Sketch, concept description, creative vision
- Feasibility of project completion
- Quality of prior work
- Potential impact on our community
Open to artists of all ages; youth, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and disabled artists highly encouraged. Individual artists and groups welcome to apply. Applicants may submit multiple designs.
Please send or deliver entries to:
Tompkins County Public Library, 101 E. Green St., Ithaca, NY, 14850 c/o Regina DeMauro
For questions or more info, contact
Teen Services Librarian and Project Coordinator
(607) 272-4557 ext 274; email@example.com
Caleb R Thomas, Ithaca Murals (607) 273-5242