Did you hear?! You can get a library card online to access our Virtual Services
TCPL virtual services are open to you even while we are closed. If you don't have a library card with us, sign up online for a Tompkins County Public Library card and within 24 hours we will contact you with your card information and access instructions.
From www.tcpl.org, you can access:
- OverDrive Collections – downloadable ebooks and audiobooks
- rb Digital Magazines – over 100 popular digitized magazines
- Mango Languages – over 70 language learning courses
- TumbleBook Library – ebooks for kids
To register for a card:
- Complete the online application at https://catalog.flls.org/polaris/patronaccount/selfregister.aspx?ctx=59.1033.0.0.3 by selecting "Ithaca - Tompkins County Public Library" when asked to select a home library. Then enter your zip code and select "Continue" to start the online registration.
- Enter a valid email address when registering online. This is how we will contact you.
- Within 24 hours a staff person will contact you with your library card number so you can access our online resources.
Once the Library opens again you can stop in with your identification and we will give you your new card.
In addition to TCPL online resources, New Yorkers can apply for a New York Public Library card and access NYPL's digital collection through their SimplyE app.