About this event:
- Featuring: Shane Eversfield
- Presented by: Women Swimmin’ for Hospicare
- Hosted by: Tompkins County Public Library
Join Women Swimmin’ for Hospicare for this virtual workshop for anyone interested in deepening their enjoyment of their swimming practice. Shane Eversfield, Ithaca’s gentle giant “swim guru”, will share his insights and experiences on training body, heart and mind for a graceful, enjoyable and empowering swim in Cayuga Lake.
Virtual workshop will cover:
- From the Pool to the Lake: Adapting from lane lines to... the abyss. For some, this can be a challenge. Shane will share his experiences of making the transition and the joy of open water swimming.
- More Tips on Swim Technique: In our previous presentation, Shane offered some insights on developing efficient swim technique. He will offer a few more that will improve your lake swim experience.
- Training in the Final Month: With one month remaining, what will you focus on in your training to make this a great experience? And what will you focus on during your event?
Shane Eversfield, aka the “Zenman”, is an avid Triathlete, Total Immersion Swim Master Coach, and personal trainer at Island Health and Fitness. Over the years, Shane has become a beloved member of the Women Swimmin’ for Hospicare community and has helped many women train for their voyage across Cayuga Lake. Read more about Shane’s work here and watch him swim here.