About this event:
TCPL is inviting youth ages 5 - 12 to a LEGO build and challenge. At this event, participants will be challenged to make a spinning top out bricks and/or technic part to compete in a spin time marathon and battle top tournament. TCPL will provide LEGOs and other brick systems for participants to use. Participants are welcomed to bring their own LEGO, Megablock, K'nex, or other plastic brick system top to compete with, see build rules below. Registration is required.
This is an indoor program and masks are required. A sanitization station and socially distanced building areas will be provided.
Spinning Top Build Rules
- Spinning tops may have a maximum width of 9 standard LEGO studs and a maximum height of 8 standard LEGO studs.
- Spinning tops may be launched using a stem, string, or *Hasbro/Takara Tomy Beyblade launcher.
- Spinning tops may not use devices with electric motors or combustion engines as launchers.
- Spinning tops are limited to using only plastic brick systems (LEGO, Megablocks, Knex, etc.) in their construction. No metal parts may be used in the top's construction.
- Participants are responsible for their spinning tops brought to the program and the bricks/technic/Knex/etc. that make them up.
- Participants have the option to ask a volunteer to photo each part of their top so they have a record of each part used.
- Participants may not mix the parts brought to the event with TCPL's or other participant's parts
* The Hasbro/Takara Tomy Rev Up launcher will not be allowed at this event due to it's ability to reach high RPMs and risk of throwing bricks at high velocity.