Library will assess schedule and time cards to determine which employees may have been exposed to the virus and need to take additional precautions:
• If an employee is confirmed to have COVID-19, the Director will inform fellow employees of their possible exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace, but maintain confidentiality as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
• The Library will follow the Public Health Recommendations for Community-Related Exposure.
• The Library will inform the Tompkins County Health Department.
• The Library will inform the public in accordance with Tompkins County Health Department Guidelines.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
Library will close off any areas used for prolonged periods of time by the sick person; work activities will be assessed to determine all exposure areas including kitchen, restrooms, and shared work areas. Cleaning and disinfecting may involve closing the entire library.
● Wait 24 hours before cleaning and disinfecting to minimize potential for other employees being exposed to respiratory droplets. If waiting 24 hours is not feasible, wait as long as possible.
● During this waiting period, facilities will take steps to increase air circulation in these areas.
Follow the CDC cleaning and disinfection recommendations:
● Clean dirty surfaces with soap and water before disinfecting them.
● Disinfect surfaces by using products that meet EPA criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and are appropriate for the surface.
● Wear gloves and gowns appropriate for the chemicals being used when you are cleaning and disinfecting.
● Wear additional personal protective equipment (PPE) depending on the setting and disinfectant product you are using.
Approved by the Board of Trustees on May 26, 2020