Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Service
Titles not found in the Tompkins County Public Library catalog or in the Finger Lakes Library System may be available through out-of-system interlibrary loan.
To request a book on interlibrary loan, you must be a registered Tompkins County Public Library cardholder with no more than $10.00 in fines on your account. Lending libraries may charge a fee for items you request.
Renewals may be requested, but are not guaranteed. If you would like to ask for a renewal, you must contact the Library's Reference Desk in person or by phone at 607-272-4556 at least 3 business days before the due date. Renewals are not allowed for overdue items. Only one renewal per item.
ILL - OUT-OF-SYSTEM
Effective June 1, 2009
- Limits - The number of out-of-system holds on a patron's account may not exceed five (5) items.
- Fines - Patrons will be charged an overdue fine of $1.00/day up to a maximum of $30.00 per overdue item regardless of the overdue fine policies of the member libraries. Member libraries will be billed for the amount of overdue fines owed, regardless of whether member library staff waived the fines.
For more information and assistance, contact the Adult Reference Desk 607-272-4556 or go to FLLS OUT-OF-SYSTEM Interlibrary Loan here.
What May Be Requested:
- Adult and Juvenile Non-fiction Books
- Adult and Juvenile Fiction Books - we do not borrow items that can be purchased for less than $10
- Periodical Articles
- Sheet Music
- Large Type Books
- Foreign Language Material
- Anything currently owned by any of the FLLS member libraries
- New Materials - published in the last 12 months
- DVDs and VHS videos
- Music CDs
- Reference Materials - The lending library may be willing to copy some small number of pages given sufficient information.
- Rare Books (may include some genealogy)
- Bound or entire issues of periodicals
- Books-on-Tape and Books-on-CD