Libraries were sharing before sharing was cool.
— Miguel Figueroa, director of the American Library Association's Center for the Future of Libraries
TCPL offers a collection of items that veer from traditional. Yes, we have a large collection of books and audiovisual materials, but we also have museum passes, reading glasses, umbrellas, basic toolkits, phone chargers, and tote bags that you can check out and use in-house or take home with you. These items are listed in the catalog under "Library of Things" and are available at the Circulation desk.
Items to Take Home
We do not allow holds on passes. However, if a pass is checked in when you search our online catalog, you can call us at 607-275-1542 and we will check it out to you. If you do not pick it up before closing that day we will check it back in the next morning so it will be available for someone else.
- Hangar Theatre Library Pass
- Museum of the Earth and Cayuga Nature Center Family Pass
- New York State Empire Pass
- YMCA of Ithaca and Tompkins County Family Pass
- YMCA of Ithaca and Tompkins County Individual Pass
- Kill A Watt Electricity Usage Monitor
- Tompkins County Public Library Tote Bag
- Tompkins County Public Library Umbrella
- Tool Kit
For Your Convenience While Visiting the Library
- Nekteck Wall Charger (USB-C)
- Multiuse Charging Cable
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter
- Flip-Phone Charger
- MacBook Adapter 61W USB-C
- Targus Laptop Charger
- Chess Set
- Expo Low-Odor Dry-Erase System
- Reading Glasses
- Scrabble Game
- Texas Instruments TI-36X Pro Scientific Calculator
Owned by Member Libraries
The items are owned by other libraries in the Finger Lakes Library System. You may place a hold request on them to have them sent to TCPL for you.